2nd ALADIN-HIRLAM Dynamics Day (D-day), Toulouse, 28 May 2019
After the success of the 1st D-Day (Toulouse, 2016), the ALADIN and HIRLAM dynamics people met in Toulouse on 28 May 2019. Agenda and presentations are on-line
The HAC, PAC and joint PAC-HAC meetings took place on May 13-14 in Norrköping. The agendas of these meetings were mainly focused on the ALADIN-HIRLAM convergence process. As requested by the Assembly of Directors in Zabreg, the Convergence WG has worked on a preliminary draft MoU, based on the scope document approved by the Directors : management and organisational bodies, quality assurance, financial organisation, ... The PAC-HAC also reviewed other documents requested by the Assembly : an analysis of the pros, the cons, and legal difficulties of the open source licensing for the new codes; an Aladin-Hirlam offer towards emerging NMSs. The PAC-HAC also scrutinized the realisation of the Rolling Work Plan 2018 and prepared the next joint meeting of the Directors.
The minutes of these meetings will be published once approved : the main PAC-HAC recommendations (on the future ALADIN-HIRLAM MoU draft text and the concept paper of associated member status) have already been implemented and the documents amended accordingly to PAC-HAC discussions and distributed to the ALADIN & HIRLAM Directors.
AEMET host the joint 29th ALADIN Wk & HIRLAM ASM 2019 in Madrid on 1-4 April 2019 and the HMG/CSSI meeting on 5 April 2019 (see the minutes on-line). The LTM meeting was organised as a side-meeting on Monday late afternoon and the minutes are on-line.
The agenda is on-line, together with the pdf of the presentations and posters, and some WG minutes (see the Wk main page). The plenary sessions have been recorded and will be added there when available.
31 January 2019 : The ALADIN-HIRLAM Newsletter n°12 is on-ligne
Embark on a big Tour of ALADIN-HIRLAM !
Each team points some NWP highlights in their NMS in 2019.
The Program Managers also give the last news on the convergence process between ALADIN and HIRLAM consortia.
Enjoy the ride !
The ALADIN GA and the HIRLAM Council met in Zagreb (Croatia) on November 19-20, 2018 : the 23rd ALADIN GA, then the LACE Council and the HIRLAM Council in parallel, then the 4th joint ALADIN GA - HIRLAM C meeting.
The minutes have been approved by the participants and are on-line :
- The 3 PMs (ALADIN, HIRLAM, LACE) reported on the realisation of the Rolling Work Plan 2018 and presented some highlights on the common and R&D activities. The assemblies congratulated the Members for the good realisation of the Rolling Work Plan 2018 and approved the Rolling Work Plan 2019 and the committed manpower.
- The assemblies approved the "scope document" they had tasked the WG (PMs, HAC/PAC chairs, MF PAC rep., CSSI chair) with: this document proposes a scope for the future single consortium. The assemblies gave the same WG guidelines to go further toward the single convergence and prepare a draft MoU, to be discussed at the next joint meeting of the ALADIN GA and HIRLAM C.
- The "Tour d’ALADIN" was given by Piet : the slides are on-line : these 2018 highlights sent by the LTMs will be detailed in the ALADIN-HIRLAM Newsletter n°12, to be published end of January 2019.
- Piet reported on the 2018 common activities, DA coordinator, Code Architect and ACNA activities (a document has also been published), DA coordinator, Code Architect, ACNA, ..
- The ALADIN budget for 2019 was approved.
- A new matrix of the ALADIN consortium was approved after changes in some positions (the GA chairs and vice-chairs were re-elected for a two-year period).
The minutes of the PAC and the HAC/PAC meeting have be approved by email and are on-line.
The presentations and posters are on-line on the SRNWP website.
An LTM meeting was held besides the EWGLAM/SRNWP and the minutes of this 25th LTM meeting have been published.