Code Training Working Week, 9-12 Sept 2019, Toulouse
The goal of these training days was to provide an updated information about the code structure, the specific guidelines for coding in new IFS cycles, and a reviewed vision of “how to think when coding for IFS/Arpège/LAM”.
The presentations of the Code Training Working Week are on-line.
23rd August 2019 : The ALADIN-HIRLAM Newsletter n°13 is on-ligne
It is mainly dedicated to the last joint ALADIN Workshop / HIRLAM ASM (Madrid, April 2019).
2nd ALADIN-HIRLAM Dynamics Day (D-day), Toulouse, 28 May 2019
HAC, PAC and joint PAC-HAC meetings, May 13-14 2019, Norrköping
The agendas of these meetings were mainly focused on the ALADIN-HIRLAM convergence process. As requested by the Assembly of Directors in Zabreg, the Convergence WG has worked on a preliminary draft MoU, based on the scope document approved by the Directors : management and organisational bodies, quality assurance, financial organisation, ... The PAC-HAC also reviewed other documents requested by the Assembly : an analysis of the pros, the cons, and legal difficulties of the open source licensing for the new codes; an Aladin-Hirlam offer towards emerging NMSs. The PAC-HAC also scrutinized the realisation of the Rolling Work Plan 2018 and prepared the next joint meeting of the Directors.
The minutes of these meetings are on-line : the main PAC-HAC recommendations (on the future ALADIN-HIRLAM MoU draft text and the concept paper of associated member status) have already been implemented and the documents amended accordingly to PAC-HAC discussions and distributed to the ALADIN & HIRLAM Directors.
AEMET host the joint 29th ALADIN Wk & HIRLAM ASM 2019 in Madrid on 1-4 April 2019 and the HMG/CSSI meeting on 5 April 2019 (see the minutes on-line). The LTM meeting was organised as a side-meeting on Monday late afternoon and the minutes are on-line.
The ALADIN GA and the HIRLAM Council met in Zagreb (Croatia) on November 19-20, 2018 : the 23rd ALADIN GA, then the LACE Council and the HIRLAM Council in parallel, then the 4th joint ALADIN GA - HIRLAM C meeting.
The minutes have been approved by the participants and are on-line :
- The 3 PMs (ALADIN, HIRLAM, LACE) reported on the realisation of the Rolling Work Plan 2018 and presented some highlights on the common and R&D activities. The assemblies congratulated the Members for the good realisation of the Rolling Work Plan 2018 and approved the Rolling Work Plan 2019 and the committed manpower.
- The assemblies approved the "scope document" they had tasked the WG (PMs, HAC/PAC chairs, MF PAC rep., CSSI chair) with: this document proposes a scope for the future single consortium. The assemblies gave the same WG guidelines to go further toward the single convergence and prepare a draft MoU, to be discussed at the next joint meeting of the ALADIN GA and HIRLAM C.
- The "Tour d’ALADIN" was given by Piet : the slides are on-line : these 2018 highlights sent by the LTMs will be detailed in the ALADIN-HIRLAM Newsletter n°12, to be published end of January 2019.
- Piet reported on the 2018 common activities, DA coordinator, Code Architect and ACNA activities (a document has also been published), DA coordinator, Code Architect, ACNA, ..
- The ALADIN budget for 2019 was approved.
- A new matrix of the ALADIN consortium was approved after changes in some positions (the GA chairs and vice-chairs were re-elected for a two-year period).