Post-processing "Fullpos" (2002, 2004)
Full-Pos is the nickname of the Post-Processing package in the Arpege/Ifs/Aladin software.
- FullPOS is a powerful and sophisticated post-processing package. It is intended to be used for operation and research as well.
- FullPOS has two main parts : the vertical interpolations, then the horizontal interpolations. In between, a spectral treatment is sometimes possible for the dynamic fields.
You will find below this page several documents related to this topic :
- Users guide (Aug 2002)
- Introduction : organisation, reporting bugs
- Basic usage : software, namelists file, variables, outfut files
- Advanced usage : scientific options, optimizing the performance, output fields conditioning, selective namelists
- The family of configurations 927
- Expert usage : appending fields to a file, derivatives on model levels, 3D physical fluxes, free-use fields
- Appendixes : upper air dynamic fields descriptors, example of selection file, how to make climatology files, spectral filters, optimization of the performance
- Technical guide (Oct 2002) for ARPEGE/ALADIN CY25T1
- Founder principles
- General conception : architecture, data flow, monitoring
- Scientists’ guide (July 2002) : in ARPEGE/IFS cycle CY24T1
- Organization - algorithms
- Elaborated Fields
- Vertical interpolations
- Spectral filtering
- Horizontal interpolations
- Last available developments (Sept 2002)
- The never-ending development story (Apr 2001)
- Last technico-scientific documentation by Karim Yessad (Dec 2004) : Full-Pos in the cycle 29 of ARPEGE/IFS
- Post-processable fields.
- Horizontal interpolations.
- Vertical interpolations and extrapolations.
- Filtering in spectral space.
- Post-processing files.
- Sequences of calls of post-processing.
- Some distributed memory features:
- Module and namelist variables to be known:
- About the validation of the software (Nov 2002)