The 1st ALATNET training course on High Resolution Modelling took place in Radostovice (Cz) on May 15-26, 2000 :
– 57 people attended the two week Seminar (participants came from 15 countries; 1/3 from European Union countries and 2/3 from Central and Eastern Europe).
– 3 over the 4 European Working Groups on Local Area Modelling were represented (ALADIN, COSMO and HIRLAM).
– About 25% of the ALADIN participants were newcomers in the ALADIN project.
– 10 teachers (coming from 7 countries) gave 57 hours lectures and
6 hours were added on demand during tutorial windows : links between dynamical meteorology and high resolution modelling, dynamics, physics, interface, links with assimilation ...
– 1/3 of the ALADIN participants were supported by ALATNET (ALATNET was supported by the TMR/IHP Programme of the European Community).