Recommendations & templates
Article published on 1 June 2021
last modification on 8 June 2022
ACCORD MG recommendations for newsletter articles:
- articles about quality assurance (e-suite verification or validation of newly installed cycles), case studies with evaluation of model weaknesses are encouraged
- articles about technical activities are encouraged:
- how have you ported a new code version
- results of benchmarking tests (provided these results can be disclosed !)
- SPTR1-related work: porting and adapting the codes to new HPC platforms, to novel HPC architectures
- when you prepare an article about experimental work, please consider providing details about namelist options, input files, experimental settings (ie information you would not add to a peer-reviewed paper)
- summary notes about submitted or published papers in peer-reviewed journals. Make sure that you do not reuse material that would be protected by copyright transfer to a journal (or include a modified display of a result in the newsletter, like for instance redraw a picture etc.)
- summary articles of PhD’s or post-doc work are very welcome
- summary articles of topical Working Weeks (in or outside ACCORD) are encouraged; same for scientific visits funded on ACCORD budget
- there is no limitation on the length of a newsletter article.
- please use the ACCORD newsletter templates; 4 formats are proposed:
- GoogleDoc: create a copy of https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i7xLRR5aBUrLgC32isHxfi-m-4TZFih688S2WQEGgEs/ on your Google account, share it with Patricia; once finished, export it into pdf and upload the pdf file to this shared directory
- LibreOffice writer: template; once finished, export it into pdf and upload the pdf file to this shared directory
- LATEX: template; once finished, export it into pdf and upload the pdf file to this shared directory
- MS Word: template; once finished, export it into pdf and upload the pdf file to this shared directory.
- when you contribution is ready (pdf file), please upload it to the shared directory and do not send it to Patricia (emails with attachments are often refused by MF email tool) but you may want to send a message to Patricia to announce your upload on the shared directory.