The Helmholtz Climate Initiative REKLIM in Berlin
we are pleased to invite you to participate in the international conference
“Our Climate – Our Future, Regional perspectives on a global challenge”
which will be held from 6–9 October, 2014 in Berlin, Germany.
The Climate Initiative REKLIM, the Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research and the Helmholtz Association are pleased to be your host at this conference. The scientific programme will offer a broad and interdisciplinary spectrum of current international and national research in the field of regional climate change.
At this conference following topics will be addressed :
• Session 1 : Regional climate system modelling
• Session 2 : Sea level changes from global to regional and local scales
• Session 3 : Arctic Change
• Session 4 : The land surface in the climate system
• Session 5 : Atmospheric composition and climate : Interactions from global to regional scale
• Session 6 : Extreme meteorological events and their impacts in a changing climate
• Session 7 : Integrated strategies for climate change mitigation and adaptation
• Session 8 : Rapid climate change in the past – mechanisms, processes and regional patterns
The conference will consist of plenary meetings, parallel sessions and poster sessions.
Internationally well-known scientists will present their keynotes during the conference. The steering committee will be pleased to announce the keynote speakers in May 2014.
We hope that we can raise your interest in our conference. With your scientific contributions you will help us to establish an informative and exiting programme.
We are very much looking forward to welcome you in Berlin !
On behalf of the Climate Initiative REKLIM,