Aladin-dust user’s guide (Jan 2012, in French)
This guide is an addendum to the technical documentation of the ALADIN model. Its focuses on many physical processes linked to desert aerosols that are in the ALADIN code. This guide points out which modifications have to be made in the namelists and which main keys are needed in order to branch dust in the ALADIN prediction system and its post treatment.
During the FENNEC campaign, ALADIN-dust ran for more than thirty days in a row, with no observed bug. The model output was very useful during the campaign and used during briefings, daily reports and flight plans. The case, mentioned in this guide as an example, is well simulated in intensity as well as in the spatial extension, by the ALADIN-dust model.
See the user’s guide written by Mohamed Mokhtari, ONM Algeria (documentation in French)
titre documents joints
Articles by this author
- Turbulence diagnostic (Eddy Dissipation Rate), ARPEGE cy43, January 2020
- Code Training WW, 9-12 Sept 2019, Toulouse
- Eradication of arrays bounds violations in IFS/ARPEGE/AROME, August 2019
- Cycling in the IFS-ARPEGE-AROME code: a GIT view, April 2019
- ODB documentation (mainly in French), September 2018