FA API package (Mar 2010)
The FA API is a higher level application programming interface providing an easy access to FA file format.
The fa_api is a wrapper library that integrates several IFS/Arpege auxiliary libraries (fa, lfi, eggx, etc.) and provides unified and easy to use interface for manipulating FA files. The fa_api is intended mainly as a standalone externalized library for operational and R&D applications.
The main features:
- encoding and decoding of FA records (with automatic transforms from spectral to grid-point space)
- attributes of headers and records can be accessed via alphanumeric keys
- methods for finding nearest points and grid sub-sections
- Fortran 90, C and C++ interfaces (Python interface in development)
- set of command line utilities to perform basic operations on FA files
- extensive browsable documentation in HTML format
- no external dependencies, all necessary libraries are included
For more details, please consult the fa_api documentation website where you will find reference manual, installation instructions, examples how to use fa_api and other useful informations.
Articles by this author
- Turbulence diagnostic (Eddy Dissipation Rate), ARPEGE cy43, January 2020
- Code Training WW, 9-12 Sept 2019, Toulouse
- Eradication of arrays bounds violations in IFS/ARPEGE/AROME, August 2019
- Cycling in the IFS-ARPEGE-AROME code: a GIT view, April 2019
- ODB documentation (mainly in French), September 2018