Overview of Science questions
The Paris 2024 Olympics RDP is organized around five scientific questions. Cities are a complex system. There are also various potential end-users of urban meteorological services, such as inhabitants, athletes, the audience, but also urban planners and city administrations for example. Therefore, the scientific questions all require a strong interdisciplinary approach.
These five scientific questions are:
1. Nowcasting & Numerical Weather Prediction in cities at about 100m of resolution
2. High resolution thunderstorm nowcasting (probabilistic and deterministic) in the urban environment, Urban heat islands and cool areas, air quality, in cities
3. Nowcasting and forecast in coastal cities (for the Marseilles site)
4. Big data, non-conventional data, and their uses
5. How to deliver tailored weather, climate, environmental information at infra-urban resolution?